A Birthday Greeting for Dilek
“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.”
I just found Gabe’s, a blog that caught my attention after my friend posted the above lines on facebook. I have only read a few of his posts but so far what I have seen, seems to be talking to my soul…
1. the brilliant song your life is meant to sing is being serenaded loud and clear, everywhere you go.
2. you are aware of the natural power that inhabits you to do great work and achieve great things.
3. you inspire so many people by the admirable example you set.
4. you receive bright rewards for all the bold risks you take.
5. you never miss an opportunity to catch a glimpse of mastery because you are never resigned to mediocrity.
6. you learned the skills to master transforming adversity into victory and lead into gold.
7. you know that your work is about being radically helpful to others.
8. you are leading the life you truly wanted to have, not what society trained you to want.
9. you are realizing your absolute best and have touched the special genius that you were built to become.
10. you are a leader who is making this world so much better than you found it, because you are not scared to do to what needs to be done.
11. because you are giving yourself to the world and enriching our legacy, you are establishing a trail of excellence that will live on.
I have to agree with Gabe when he says “each of us alone creates the lives we get to live. Its through decisions and actions that we end up with our situations.” And I think, now we can applaud ourselves for assuming responsibility for the consequences of our actions and … for being soft, not hardened by the world, for not allowing pain to make us hate, for not allowing the bitterness to steal our sweetness and for living in awareness of the beautiful world we inhabit.
Happy Birthday my dear friend, I know you will always manage to find the joy!