>Etli Dolma (Meat Filled Green Pepper)
>1Lb Green Peppers
1/2 lb Ground Beef or Lamb
1/2 cup rice (washed and drained)
1 large onion diced
1/3 cup Pomegranate Sour
1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
2 cloves garlic crushed
Salt and Pepper to taste
– Mix all the ingredients except the green peppers together.
– Take out the stems and the seeds from the green peppers – set the stems aside to use to close the ‘Dolma’ after it is stuffed.
– Stuff the green peppers with the meat filling.
– You can leave them this way or close them with their stems or a piece of tomato on top.
– Place the stuffed peppers in a pan standing with the open side on top.
– Place a small plate over the ‘Dolma’ in order to prevent the filling from spilling.
– Pour 1 cup of water over it.
– Cook on high heat untill it boils then let it simmer for 1 hour.
Serve hot with yogurt with or without garlic.